29 July 2012

A New Voyage Undertaken


This blog details the voyage of the sailing vessel Tasman, home ported in Douglas Island Alaska, as we make our way south to new opportunities in Seattle.  I don't intend to write a cruising blog because this is not a cruising trip.  If fact, I think there is something quite romantic about a voyage undertaken for a specific purpose.  I have sailed for recreation and I have sailed specifically to move my life from one place to another.  I can tell you right off the bat that you experience these two trips in wildly different ways and the sense of accomplishment at the end of a purpose driven voyage is unmatched.  It is also fascinating to break away from being a purely recreational boat and experience boating as others have ever since man first took to the water.  Each foot that you advance forward is a foot closer to a new life, new love and a host of unknown possibilities to explore.  I can't possibly explain this feeling to you but maybe through this blog I can try to convey at least a part of this.

It should be noted that after this trip gets underway then I will only be able to update this during stopovers at civilization.  Though if anyone was inclined to install a satellite internet connection on my boat then I would gladly use it :)  I wish you all the best and may the trials which lie before all of us challenge yet not defeat.

Be well,  Eric...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.